Software Project Manager
OnCentive is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a project manager. The responsibilities of the software project manager include overseeing software/internal projects from start to finish, managing and motivating software developers and other team members, giving customer presentations, and writing project proposals.
To be successful as a software project manager, you should have a good working knowledge of project estimation techniques and the ability to motivate team members. Ultimately, a top-notch software project manager should have good communication and organization skill.
- Working closely with the development team to document, organize, delegate, and communicate all development projects currently in process and on the future roadmap.
- Working closely with the operations execution team to document, organize, delegate, and communicate all development projects currently in process and on the future roadmap.
- Discussing potential projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and software developers.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Ensuring teams follow company policy around testing, code quality, and development practices.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines.
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in sync.
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed or financing for the project change.
- Preference, Not Requirement: A bachelor's degree OR experience in information technology, software development management, software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in software project management
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
- Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
(Internal) Must Haves:
- Experience as a Software Project Manager
- Ability to organize chaos with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Processes (no certification required)
- Experience working with remote teams and driving progress with geographically disparate teams
- Experience working with the Atlassian stack
- Strong communication skills
- Experience reporting high-level plans to leadership continuously
- (Extremely ideal but not required) Located in Birmingham, AL or Atlanta, GA