Incentive Calculation Specialist
OnCentive is looking for a detail-oriented Incentive Calculation Specialist to join our Incentive Calculations team. You will be responsible for performing the necessary data aggregation and calculations to ensure our clients are receiving their accurate, maximum tax incentive. A successful Incentive Calculation Specialist must be proficient in Excel, data modeling, and comfortable with payroll/business financials. You must be able to understand the tax incentive requirements in order to process our client's tax incentives accurately and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be precise and have pride in the accuracy of their work. The goal is to provide clients with the tax incentives and recovery programs they qualify for in order to maximize their business' profitability. Bonus if you have worked in an accounting or payroll firm.Responsibilities:
- Perform necessary calculations to provide clients of OnCentive with an accurate account of tax incentive
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases and communicate, in verbal and written form, the results of analyses to management. These analyses may be both recurring and ad-hoc in nature.
- Work with payroll documentation provided by clients to mold information into the correct format for incentive calculations process
- Go the “extra mile” to make customers happy and feel supported
- Keep records of calls and record useful information
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Customer service orientation – Ability to work well with a variety of business owners and representatives
- Good communications skills – Ability to be an effective verbal and written communicator. Responds promptly to inquiries.
- Highly organized – Builds models and spreadsheets in an orderly fashion. Documents sources of inputs / assumptions. Maintains database of prior models and reports.
- Responsible – Ability to manage projects within deadlines.
- Takes initiative – Seeks ways to improve modeling, reporting, and business processes.
- Resourceful – Knows how to access information from a variety of sources.
- Report building – Knows how to present information, perform analysis and communicate finished product effectively.
- Analysis/financial concepts/business intuition – Understands sources of business value, and is familiar with fixed / variable cost assessments.
- Quality – Knows how to review own work and eliminate errors.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of financial and/or accounting work experience
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements and cash flow concepts
- Working knowledge of finance and spreadsheet applications (i.e. Excel)
- Working knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software - bonus if HubSpot experience) and telephone systems
- Proficient in English